If your bae is in rehab therap-ay (sorry, too easy), then there’s a certain event in the month of February that you might be exchanging gifts. If you’re not swapping Valentine’s, and you’re a travel therapist looking to treat yo’self, then this list is for you, too. Here are 14 gifts for February 14 (or any occasion!) to consider getting the traveling physical therapist, occupational therapist, speech-language pathologist or registered respiratory therapist in your life.
- Power bank. This is a portable charging device that might be a lifesaver for any healthcare traveler in pinch and without access to an outlet.
- Neck pillow or a back pillow to make their plane or road trip more comfortable.
- Noise canceling headphones. Whether it’s winding down after a long shift or ramping up before a day full of patients, this gift will get some serious use.
- Luggage scale. This handy little device will help an over-packer make sure airplane carry-on bags aren’t over the limit.
- Portable coffee-maker. Sure, there’s always Starbucks, but there’s something about making your own fresh cup of coffee.
- Selfie stick. With all the new sites travel therapists get to take in (possibly solo), this is a must.
- A weekend bag. Travelers making the most out of their assignments will probably take side-trips to nearby site-seeing spots and will need (read: want) a fun weekend bag to make the trip in style.
- Moleskin journal. There’s nothing like a good quality journal to record all of your adventures.
- Kindle or e-reader. And while you’re at it, put some e-books on it!
- Gift cards. The sky’s the limit on gift cards: hotels, restaurants, airline tickets (for a flight home to visit?!), gas, iTunes – you can’t go wrong.
- AAA membership. Yet another potential lifesaver in a sticky situation, especially in unfamiliar territory.
- Fitness tracker. With all the walking rehab therapists do in a given day, might as well track the miles and get some bragging rights as friends try to keep up!
- Streaming service. Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime – there’s something for everybody.
- Bluetooth speakers. If they haven’t already gotten a speaker from us, this is a tiny but mighty gift for any traveler.
If it’s a gift for a significant other, a fellow rehab therapist, or something for yourself – anything from this list will be a winner.